If you’ve been involved in a Hit and Run accident you may be scared, confused and torn over what to do next. You should call my office because it’s never a good idea to turn yourself in. With our knowledge of the law and more than 30 years of experience representing those in Los Angeles Hit and Run accidents, we may be able to help you put this behind you without an arrest and with minimal disruption to your life.
Do you walk into a dark room without turning on the lights? If so you can’t see anything. You may trip and hurt yourself. Walking into a police station after a Hit and Run accident is like walking into a dark room. You probably don’t know the law and you don’t know what the police know about the accident. You may end up doing and saying things that will make your situation worse.
Los Angeles County has about ten million residents and more than eight million vehicles registered within its borders. There aren’t enough police officers, prosecutors and judges to fully investigate all Hit and Run accidents, arrest, charge and try all the people who caused them. That’s good news for our clients. Our job is to help you become one of those who won’t face criminal charges.
Each case is unique. Our clients decide, based on the facts of their case and our advice, the best way to proceed. We normally contact the police for you and put you in the best light possible to increase the chances you will avoid an arrest.
In most cases where there’s just property damage we help our clients by helping the police resolve the Hit and Run case because there are significant benefits to taking action before you have been arrested or contacted by the police.
We contact accident investigators as soon as we can and talk about the accident. We learn what they know about the details, let them know our client wants to make things right and provide them with the information they need to close the case. We’ve earned a reputation with the police that we’re honest brokers between them and our clients, a reputation you can benefit from.
We work with the police so they get what they want (a closed case) and our clients get what they want (in most cases, avoid being arrested).
- We let the police know our client wants to correct a mistake. We provide insurance information so the other driver’s vehicle can get repaired.
- An upset, angry accident victim is more likely to contact the police and prosecutors to demand what they think are justice and punishment for the person who hit them: criminal charges and a conviction.
- An accident victim who has the information they need to file an insurance claim and get their car fixed, who’s told by the police the other driver admits they made a mistake and is coming forward, is much more likely to just drop the issue and move on with their lives.
- Investigators are grateful for the help, usually so grateful they’re not interested in our clients getting arrested.
- Our clients put the accident behind them and move on with their lives.
There could be any number of reasons why you left the scene of the accident. Whether you feel you’re guilty or innocent you need to know your options and be protected against the harshness of the legal system. We protect our clients’ freedom and good records. If you want that kind of protection contact our office today for a free consultation!